Monday, May 25, 2009

"Gentleman of Leisure (Not)"

Lately Elder Heiner and I have not been taking lunches. It takes too much time to go home and eat, so lately we have just been splitting baguettes (a type of french bread) which is probably the greatest invention since sliced bread. It holds us over though. It's funny too though...it seems whenever we make a sacrifice like that we always will find people who want to give us food or something like that. The other day we were out and really thirsty and hungry, and this lady invites us in for a lesson and we eat some keesh stuff (quiche?) and drink some juice...you would think it was luck, but of course its not. Its the blessings of God.

Elder Wright and I are really excited for the zone this next week. Its zone conference and the last one of President Robison's mission. For the Saturday we have 10 baptisms set up from all of Guadeloupe....ok, well it's about 7, but the Lord wants it to be 10 so the zone will be fasting this Tuesday to make sure it happens. There are a couple of investigators who just aren't sure yet. So if you would like to fast with us or pray that would be great. Other than that things are good. This week will be hectic with zone conference and other things, but it's good.

I have been so tired lately...it seems like days are just flying by in a blur. I have been getting up at 5:30 every morning now for some more work out and study time and its really been paying off. I think if I didn't work out I wouldn't have energy to be tracting all day. Especially because of late the sun has been blazing, and with the humidity its rough.

Our apartment isn't meant for 4 elders, but it is big enough. We have four there so that we can all get legal on the Bassterre side of Guadeloupe. Right now it's elder Wright who is using the car for the most part. I'm alright with that though; I prefer to walk

For the most part Guadeloupe will never be back to normal. Because of the help of the branch missionaries the work is gonna explode, but there are missionaries in Moule again.

The branch in Lamentin is the strongest branch, and there are probably about 40 people that show up every week. The members there are just so strong....you are never worried about an investigator not feeling the spirit at the meetings because they are always so strong and uplifting...with other branches sometimes you worry.

So this week was the Guadeloupe talent show....and the elders got put on the spot to do something right before it started. Using our brains we pulled together that we might be able to pull off a dance....there was a some sort of DJ there that just happened to have a seventies music CD...of course I have some past memories goin' through my head of throwin' down the moves at Grandma's and even more when I saw they had Staying Alive by the Beegees... haha. It was probably the most fun I'd had in a while. I got a good video that I'll be sending.

Well i love you all. I want to bear you my testimony of prayer and how sincerely our Heavenly Father listens and comfort us through prayer. It is the only way to find out what our Father in Heaven wants for us and wants us to do. Prayer is the pillar of faith for me, and I know that if we remember to always have a prayer in our heart, that we will be guided in all things.

No comments: