Monday, May 11, 2009

"Coastal Confessions"

We were able to talk to Andy (and see him) via Skype on Mother's Day. While Skype has its limitations (voice lags, talking over each other), it was great to see that Andy is doing well and is happy. We had just a few questions for him in our e-mails.

* How is it being a trainer? Are you finding that it's a lot of work? Well yeah...I'm probably more nervous to be a trainer than a zone leader. Elder Heiner is a stud; he is a hard worker and is really obedient...... and doesn't speak a lick of french. Luckily he has great study habits and should catch on pretty quickly .... hopefully. French 24 seven! yee haa...that will probably be harder on me though...just 'cause of self control. But a trainer is tough cause at night I'm usually on the phone with district leaders and I feel I don't have any time to be with and train my blue. Our nightly planning is often done in segments because it's always interrupted by the phone

* Are you still working the Moule area? In which branch will your baptisms be? Well, our baptism in Moule, Soeur Gustav, will not be ours because there are new elders coming in who should take over for us, but we should have another one this Sunday in Lamentin for a girl named Alexandra.

* How is the zone leader gig going? What are the challenges of that? The challenge is definitely having to keep elders from getting out of hand to still being buddies with them. It has gotten easier though. I have definitely worked harder these last two weeks in training and being a zone leader than I have in my whole mission. Luckily I have really felt the comforting and energizing feeling of the spirit as I have been able to give more. In fact, for the last two weeks I have slowly been trying to move my wake up time to 5:30 with Wlder Heiner and was falling short(about 6) almost every morning. But, the other night I went to bed with a prayer that I qouls be able to wake up at 5:30, and I woke up before the alarm went off! It's so crazy how when you are doing the little things that don't seem important that God blesses you with little things that may not seem that important. And i really don't get too tired during they day. MAN the spirit is so SWEET! Really who needs coffee? or tea? ......actually I just remembered I have been getting into herbal tea because I found a plant behind our house that makes some good herbal tea.....but that doesn't count (we hope that herbal tea doesn't have any other medicinal qualities!).

* We want to be as supportive as possible. Would it be helpful if we sent your more letters (not just emails)? hahaha, sorry I was just joking....a letter every once in a while wouldn't hurt, but its up to you...you guys the best.

* Do you have any concerns or worries? Yes....I'm getting fat!!!!!

Andy's Current Companion Elder Heiner (arrow pointing to him)


More Guadeloupe


2 comments:

Jmort said...

With the heat and humidity how can they stand long sleeves? Looks goo dthough...

Brad Neff said...

Jed,

They actually only wear long-sleeved shirts for zone conferences. I guess it's a tradition.