Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Sea of Heartbreak"

Well there were some problems that is why I am emailing you today (rather than Monday). I ended up having to use MY card to buy our tickets but I will be reimbursed. I am basically a travel master by now with how many dog gone planes I have missed. (We're guessing that Andy flew to Guadeloupe yesterday... we thought it was to be on Wednesday, but he's now on Guadeloupe).

I am so ready to be back here. Its me and Elder Wright(our zone leader. This will be our first transfer where I am not the youngest french elder....5 new kids should be in. But we are all hungry for sharing the gospel...I think all the other missionaries who left to Guyana are now hungry for just working their butts off....I want to thank everyone who prayed for David and his baptism too. We were working with him twice a day...teaching the lights out for his baptism....he had quit smoking and drinking for 2 weeks and everything was good. When it came time the day before his baptism though we went by and he told us he didn't want to see us anymore....it broke my heart....I had never felt like I had before...to someone to be so close to accepting that great gift of the Holy Ghost and then to deny it is the worst. But as believers in God we must accept that we all have our agency. I didn't do the best job of that at first but I had to ...the day after was crap too....I didn't want to work, I felt as if all I do on the mission is for nothing...until about Sunday I felt like this and then I don't know what it was but something just snapped me back into it and i just felt inspired to kick butt again...now as big black would say, "its time to just DO WORK SON" ....HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm sorry about that bad joke with the retainer....well actually...it was not THAT good of joke...you guys are just gullible hahaha! K well not much time this week, but I love ya'll!

ps I want to thank everyone for the letters and packages that I received when I got back to Guadeloupe....my family and friends are renown here for their abundance of good news...thank Aunt Leslie for the great valentine package and Grandma and Grandpa as well...letters from all the aunts and uncles are the best, too...thank them for me...oh and I have received your tie and CD so we are Good in the hood...thanks so much

2 comments:

Emily P said...

I can't get over how energetic he is! All I ever wrote home about was how tired I felt. I love Andy!

cdiddy said...

I am sure Rob and Big appreciate the Missionary shout out!!!!