Thursday, March 26, 2009

"Turning Around"

We finally got an e-mail. I guess the Elders were working with the Assistants on their mormal P-day so they took their P-Day on Wednesday-- hence the delayed e-mail.
I about died from Ruby's story (2 year old Ruby had a precocious experience with poop-- ask Emily about it). That is hilarious hahaha. I love the slang you are using too. So Hill and Ashley are doing good then? I hope I can get some pictures from their performances. Did either of them have to wear funny costumes? I sure hope so...how come T Fud didnt write me back last week? Don't tell me he is too busy ...I have a really cool tie I want to send him for prom (it's a burberry tie with mathcing cufflinks and handkerchiefs that would look sweet), but I wanna know when I can send it? Or if I should? We found them these fake ones for 8 dollars. Its always good to hear the family is doing well. Tell everyone that I miss them. This last week was a blast for us, work was great but during the last week I had been talking with the Olivers(senior couple from here) about musicals, and how I like them a good lot. Apparently they asked president and had permission for us to come over to their home and watch Singing in the Rain with them. Grace Kelley was a pimp! (hmmm... and we thought Debbie Reyholds was in it). I had never seen it, but that show is awesome! So I was thinking that the next package you send it would be cool if I could get some musical songs on a CD. That day reminded me of Grandmas though just cause we had a pot luck...I made some scrumscious bokits(Guadeloupe sandwich). SO yup, we are heading back to Guadeloupe...President had planned on me training one of the new missionaries coming, but last second decided to put me with our zone leader Elder Wright, who will be a solo zone leader while Elder Catherine will replace me as trainer(this is his last transfer). I'm kinda glad I didn't have to train though, I'm way too young and I would probably have been a lousy one. But Elder Wright is awesome, he speaks french the best of all the missionaries and the most creole. So hopefully we can tear it up.

This week was our zone conference. The assistants came and we had them with us the last 3 days. I was able to work two of the days with Elder McDaniel. He is an incredible missionary. He is also a professional at getting boils though and one of them popped when I was with him...have not eaten since. The Lord has really blessed us since last time I wrote though. We have found many progressing investigators and friends, and although I didn't think we would be able to do it, we are going to have planned a baptism for this Saturday. His name is David and he is from Ciracou. He doesn't speak much English, much French, or really much of anything. But Elder Larson and I are able to communicate with him using the little English and French he knows and then our Spanish dictionary. We have been teaching him a lot, and the last two weeks has been to church. Even though the last week he had to walk the whole way cuz he had no money for the bus. He is really living humbly and I'm grateful the Lord has been able to humble him by this way. So I ask you to pray that things will continue to go well for him. But all is well. I'm grateful for your testimonies and want to let you know how much mine is growing. Everyday we get to see the love of God for his children and for us. He blesses us so much and pours his spirit out upon his servants. I promise you that if you look for ways to serve God by serving others his spirit will be poured out upon you.

Hey, so did you ever get my package that I sent from Guadeloupe for your birthday mom? I hope so, anyways I sent Clara's for her birthday when I first got here. I just sent her a bracelet and a scrapbook with some pictures of me in it, but she just barely got it. Have you heard how she is doing? or seen her at all? Is Sarah and Thayne's brother moved in yet? That's sooooo weird...oh well haha. It's good to hear about Thayne though. I wish I could hear more about everyone else. I miss the fellas...k everyone I love you all tons, make sure tucker writes me this week.

3 comments:

Nate said...

You don't really know me but i got this blog from my aunt, Marianne Caldwell. I think you know her? I was called to the same mission as Andy and so I've been reading, looking to see what kind of mission it is. What language was he called to speak in?

Brad Neff said...

Nate,

I do know Marianne. You've been called to a great mission. Andy is a french speaking misisonary. One of the best resources is the blog maintained by sister Robison, the mission president's wife. There is a link to it on Andy's blog. Feel free to e-mail me at brad_neff@comcast.net and I'll be glad to provide what ever information I have.

Julie said...

It's soo good to finally get an email. Andy sounds great. But I don't blame him for not eating after the boil incident.

Thanks for posting, reading his letters makes me feel like I'm talking to him.