Monday, May 24, 2010

"Vampires, Mummies and the Holy Ghost" (or scaring Elder Scwab)

What is up everyone! It has been a great happy week in the wonderful city of Abymes. Mango trees are flourishing, banannas are dirt cheep, and it's been raining cats and dogs which is fun. One of the fun events this week is that I think Elder Schwab screamed about 9 times like a girl, hahah! He definately is a jumpy, so I have had fun scaring the poop out of him! I even got the cockroaches on my side...one of them got into our rice and as Elder Schwab went to pour some rice, it scattered out, he screamed and the rice went flying. We are having fun though.

As for the work...this has been a very trying week for me and my companion. We experienced many many dissappointments. It seemed every goal we set fell through. And even as we worked our hardest, and did our best to clean ourselves of any ounce of lack of effort, it just didn't happen. Going into the week we had 4 baptismal dates. One had a baptismal date for this coming weekend, but he cancelled our last appointment with him last saturday and said he would not be able to come to church either. I'm convinced it is because he is not reading from the Book of Mormon. We made the faulty error of simply asking if he had read, and of course he said yes. I'm excited to apply the advice of President Gamiette so we can be more sure when our investigators are really reading or not. We will ask more penetrating follow up questions. "What have you felt?" or "What have you learned?". So we will do better with that. Currently we have some promising investigators, however, none of them were able to come to church this last week for legitimate reasons. This week we did have, however, 2 new potential priesthood holders at church. And in fact 3 in all. Claude Lorent has now been 3 times to church. Yes! The Lord needs his priesthood bearers here! There are so many amazing righteouss sisters, but sometimes us brotheren just need a slap in the head to get the motor runnin'. But, Claude likes us and he has a firm faith in God, but his lack of social skills mixed with a weak desire to read is making his conversion processes very slow... both spiritually and socially.

Elder Schwab is doing great! He is talking on the phone, and managing most of his contacts that he has in french! I have never seen a new elder learn so quickly! He is a stud, and right now we are just working to grow our testimonies in goal setting! I have had countless wonderful experiences of setting a goal and seeing miracles to reach it, however, I think maybe I have forgotten the work and the anching knees that went to reach those goals. So right now I must repent and do better so that Elder Schwab and I can both be better instraments in this great work, as well as to increase our personal testimonies in goal setting.

Abymes is going great! The members are starting to becoming a little too relaxed in the work. We are sort of getting into a routine of working with the same members, however, this week we are going to try to work on spreading the love, and get other members chances to work! I hope they see it in that way at least....

Well things are awesome here....I dont feel trunky at all...just feel like I need to kick more butt! I need to reach my goals! My faith is not yet where it needs to be, especially with goals. I believe that anything is possible with the help of God...well, I have maybe a tiny grain of a seed that that is true. If I truly believed it and had sufficient faith I would reach all my goals. That is my goal...I want to master that before my mission ends. Honestly...if I cant reach my goals/covenants that I fix with the Lord every night during nightly planning or during weekly planning, and those goals are of pure, and good desires. Probably the most pure goals I'll ever fix. How can I expect to reach personal goals such as scholastic, work or family ones? So these next few months I gotta push, grind, and above all pray so that I may reach my mountains all throughout my life and for eternity.

Anyways a big thumbs up from ABYMES

No comments: