Monday, April 12, 2010

"The Hangout Gang" Has Gone Home

It sounds like conference was a very spiritual and uplifting weekend for you as it was for us, and I'm sure the rest of the kingdom around the world! We watched conference in the Abymes chapel with all the district of Guadeloupe. We were luckily able to watch it in English...we actually had to watch the first two talks in french on Saturday thanks to technical problems..and I realized that it really is so unfortunate for those of other languages...no matter how hard translators try they just cannot do the prophet or apostles justice. I'm grateful to the Lord who truly poured out his spirit upon the saints Easter weekend. The message for me was that yes times are hard, yes we may get discouraged, however, we must continue to strengthen ourselves and above all strengthen and protects others! And the overwhelming message that Christ lives, was exactly the spiritual means and inspiration we needed to go on forth. I want all to know, but especially the family to know, that I believe in the testimonies of our inspired leaders! Christ truly does live, and the Holy Ghost bears witness of it! The best way we can show forth our faith is by abiding in the same good works that the master abided in: Loving one another, serving one another, and extending arms of mercy and love to all those that need it. I felt so deeply a desire for the arms of mercy and love of my Savior this last weekend, so as Pres. Uchdorft said, it is not only proper, but obligatory that I extend the same to others.

I especially loved President Eyring's talk on diligence. His words ring true and especially at this moment on my mission when Elders Snow, Roberts, and some of the others will be going home(by next week I'll be the oldest french elder! Yikes!), but President Eyring's words and his example are like a great RA RA for me.

This last week has gone well. We ended up being able to teach quite a few lessons despite very a very ineffective weekend. Simon again came to church...he is progressing, but he still needs that confirming testimony that will be his rock and foundation in this church. We have a baptismal date for Madame Onestas on the 17th of next transfer...and we have another date with a sister who did not come to church. Besides Abymes, we also work in Morne-A-l'Eau, so I'm working in the ole stomping grounds (we worked there when I was in Moule).

Mom and dad, I want to thank you too for your great examples and teachings that helped me in finding my testimony early in life. Sometimes I wonder why I was not more grateful for that gift you had given me but I realize now I couldn't have been grateful for something I didn't know I never had, let alone understood. Oh I wish I could have recognized that which I'd had! To Ashley, Tuck, and Hill......YOU KNOW! Get on your knees and ask God to know if all the things mom and dad have taught are not true...better yet get out in mutual or at church and share with someone your testimony...take the leap of faith, and in doing these things you will gain that spiritual recognition of that which you already know and feel is true.

No comments: