Sunday, April 4, 2010

"Coastal Confessions"

I must say that although our numbers do not show it this week, it was a successful week! We were be able to be with the members very often, however it seemed that many of the lessons we had would fall through. However we did not get discouraged but took advantage of the time we were with a member and we saw less actives or new converts. I predict that our lessons will continue to fall through too unless we can help the members have sufficient faith to take the gospel and the Book of Mormon to their friends. Those appointments don't fall through, and so Elder Evans and I are focusing on that and on making ourselves member trainers. The good thing about being with the members often is that we have many RCLA lessons which were taught with a member. We have been seeing some great success with two inactives in particular. Simon Laurent came to church again this week, and he attended a family night and institute all by his own. He should be receiving the priesthood pretty soon. The success with him has all been coming because of the Book of Mormon. He is getting into that powerful book and feeling the spirit as he does. He commented this week that he would like to go out with the missionaries to see some of his family and friends he wants to talk to about the church. We are also working with Jose, who is an inactive member of the Elders Quorum. I feel very deeply that things are progressing very well in Abymes, and with patience we will see members who are more converted and who are teaching inactives and investigators.

Hey paps thanks so much for the sports updates; it does the spirit some good. I have been thinking alot about sports...and how many regrets I have in them...How did you let me not play baseball? I hope we will be doing a softball league when I reach home.

About the march madness....my money is on Michigan State....cause I had their bball shorts....but as long as Duke doesn't win...I'm happy.

So this week has been blazing hot! We are actually in a pretty bad drought here...but fortunately no one has told the fruit trees yet...they are still pushing out bananas, passion fruits, mangoes, like we won the lottery...we joke (me and my companion) that he has a built in GPS of our area and he knows where every fruit tree is. It comes in handy while we are out walking in that Caribbean sun. This week I managed to make an alright Columbo...I wanna master it before i get home.


I'm glad to hear there is some campaigning to come to the West Indies Mission. Honestly there is not a better time to be coming to the West Indies Mission than in the next two years. President Gamiette is a man called of God and is one who magnifies the keys in which he has been given to save the souls of the people in this mission. As he has opened our eyes, our hearts, and our souls to the task at hand. In the west indies it has been scary at times... I don't know if I'm supposed to share this but only 5 of the 26 stakes in the Caribbean qualify as full functioning stakes....5...The priesthood keys and calls are not magnified as they should be, but the changes and training are being made to fix that. I am comforted that here in Guadeloupe the priesthood base is strong....we just lack numbers. Currently what lacks in Abymes is a ward mission leader...so we and our branch president have made a goal to find the ward mission leader and to baptize him...I love what happens in the church in Zarahemla as Alma establishes it more fully....and I see that happening here in Guadeloupe(Alma 6;6). I know that the call I've been giving is from God, and I'm learning more and more each day that the prophecy that those on the isles of the sea will be blessed does not only apply to the natives..but applies also to me. I'm SO LUCKY to be here...and I thank Heavenly Father so much for this great opportunity. I love the fam, and I thank all of yall for your support!

Kembe red Poma li!

Elder Andy Neff

1 comment:

Julie said...

Andy sure sounds good and the work is moving forward. That's great.

maybe we shouldn't tell him about Duke?!