Monday, January 18, 2010

"Knees of My Heart"

Well I can't appreciate enough the blessing I have been given to be able to serve in Cayenne another transfer, especially with Elder Rodriguez. Elder Copa is going to stay in Cayenne, too, and Elder Anihia will be his companion. President is sending Elder Rodriguez here though because he is from Spain. With the newly called branch president and everything this is really turning into a Spanish area. This week because I didn't memorize as many scriptures there was more time to study Spanish and Elder Copa and I both made some huge strides. Right now we are good enough to teach a really crappy lesson on the restoration or plan of salvation. Haha, but it's the same spirit that teaches so it's been great to see the grace of God making up for our weaksauceness in Spanish. I'm so excited to serve with Elder Rodriguez though. It is his second transfer in the field, so I guess I'll be training him a little, but I certainly plan on being the one to be trained. In Spanish I'm still a gringo! He will be such a great help in establishing all the new Latino converts in the roots of gospel. At the same time we are working with many investigators that we have in Spanish. I swear everyday we are getting more investigators and still keeping the old ones. The hard part has been being organized with it all...there are so many it's hard even to remember their names without looking at my planner. It is so sweet to be working in Cayenne though! Everyday we are seeing miracles! Members that have hearts as big as.....watermelons....? Referrals...we are seeing all sorts of miracles... even with inactive natives of French Guyana. There are many! This last week was the second week that Family Fogas returned to church. They are a family of 5(the mother, 3 girls, and a twenty year old boy), who joined the church about 5 years ago. Tons of missionaries have visited them to get them to come back, but they never have..in fact they always said they would, but something always came up...but our first lesson with them went great and they came to church two Sundays ago and again this Sunday. Their goal is to go to the temple and be sealed. And like President has told us many times before, working with inactives will produce baptisms. The youngest daughter has not been baptised and now she has a date for the 30th of January, but Miss Fogas also gave us a referral for her sister. Her sister had studied with the missionaries even before this family, however her husband had not let her join the church. Well, as of last year they have been divorced, and Sister Fogas believes that this their divorce was a blessing for her sister. I know that God knows who he wants in his church. And if we will be obedient to God's counsel or our mission president's counsel, such as working with inactives, God will make us instruments in bringing these people into his kingdom. HAHA my testimony grows everyday and I realize more and more at how real the scripture in Matthew 10:39 is the truth. As many lessons as we have taught this week with members, to recent converts, and to inactives...I have been taught and I have learned much much more it seems.


This week I have prayed all week, and fasted this Sunday to know more completely that the Book of Mormon is true..I have not yet received the answer for which I'm looking, but I will continue and "tire" Him until I get it. Although I didn't receive the answer yet, He did give me some great spiritual experiences during the week.

Things are going so great. I love my mission, and that makes me feel so great to hear about Blake (Burton) and Aaron (Cranford). Tell them to go kick some butt.

KICKING BUTT IS THE KEY TO HAPPINESS
haha Long live president Eclar

LOVE Y'ALL

ANDY

No comments: