Thursday, January 14, 2010

"Great Hearts"

Cayenne is about ready to explode! The work and the members here have been prepared for this time to make things happen. We just got a new branch presdent who speaks only spanish. So my goal is to be able to speak Spanish in 3 weeks. Right now im understanding well but speaking is a different story. With hard diligent work, and much prayer and fasting I know I can do it because I believe that is what the Lord is commanding. We are teaching countless member lessons each week with some colombian members. We do still teach grips of lessons in french but the work still progresses at the same old slow pace. We are teaching many new investigators and with the reactivation work we feel a little overloaded. We are teaching our members from Preach My Gospel so they can be armed with the gospel of Jesus Christ and know how to teach it. We are seeing succuess with the Elders Quarum president and will be working mainly with him in bringing back inactive members because most of them are french speakers. This week was great as we had 11 inactives come to church, and one family of 5 that hasn't been to church in nearly 4 years. I am grateful to be here in Cayenne; I would love to stay here and continue what the Lord has been preparing for a long while.

My companion is a hard worker, we are getting along just beautifully.

This week I memoriwzed 23 of the 25 Book of Mormon scripture mastery. My testimony of the Book of Mormon greatly increased as I came to a more profound understanding of the basic doctrines I'd taken for granted. They were things I'd always known...but I did not really KNOW them, you know? It was such a great experience in memorizing those scriptures. I found that as I would teach much more in tune with the spirt..as Doctrine & Alliance (Doctrine & Covenants) 11. 21 says, "ne cherche pas a proclamer ma parole, mais vous devez tout dabord cherecher dobtener ma parole". ("Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word...)