Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"Public Relations"


President Gamiette is one of the greatest men I have ever met...he doesn't tire and you see the standard in which he lives is different. Ever since President Gamiette has come things have been changing...not so much with rules or things such as that, but as far as focus. Normally, we as missionaries are challenged to contact 20 people a day(aside from tracting). We were doing that, and there was a time when our zone was doing that everyday(which is pretty good). President Gamiette challenged the mission now to not only contact but acquire over 10 phone numbers or addresses everyday(referrals). He isn't one to tell us to do something, or one to ask us to do something that he himself isn't right there doing with you. He motivates people by being around him. He went out with the assistants and got over 40 numbers in under 2 hours! We are seeing that this idea is going to flood our teaching pools, and, hopefully, the fonts a little later. We will be contacting over 160 people every day in Guadeloupe! This is crazy and unheard of! It's hard too, because in Gaudeloupe you can talk with just about anyone about religion(as everyone here are religious experts, or at least that's what they tell each other) for over 30 minutes without receiving a number. The point being that we are able to waste a lot of time if we are not smart or following the spirit. Already Elder Snow and I are seeing many weaknesses in our contacts and many ways to improve. It has been hard...this week we only had 27! We could make excuses, but it's what the Lord wants and so he will provide a way. I can't lie that I have not been stressed and a little down about not being to reach our goals lately, in baptisms, contacts, and in overall helping the members here. But I "hold tight" as they say in french or creole. I know that patience is the key.... its something I don't have much of and am forced to pray for everyday. I hope you will pray that i will have that.

Well, it sounds like everyone is doing well, other than TY boy. haha. Poor kid...you should send me a photo him. So, how is Tuck liking school? He is at SLCC right? I can not believe that. That kid is still the pip squeak to me...is he still working? Oh yeah where is Andy Naylor going? Its weird to hear about Sarah whipperman, and that she lives next door....although it seems like I was just home...so much has changed. It seems like a totally different place. Olympus beat Skyline! Tucker is nice! Miracles left and right....joke! Well, Guadeloupe is starting school this week, and we are excited about that as missionaries...it means people are a whole bunch more free. The weather is hot hot hot...the heat brings out acne a little bit...every once in a while someone asks me if I got bit by mosquitoes. But it really is not that bad!

Well, I'm grateful for you prayers for all the support and love,

LOVE YA

Andy

PS I got the package from Grandma. Thanks, it was the best!

1 comment:

Julie said...

It sounds like he's had two great mission presidents. What a blessing. Not to mention the beautiful picture. Wow!