Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"Cheeseburger in Paradise"



Celebrating Independence Day at McDonalds


Not celebrating a 37 Euro bill for four

Well Ka zot fé?

Creole plus deficil langue pou ecri...

Lamentin is starting to get back into the swing of things. We are seeing members who are more determined to give references and work with us. This last week we prayerfully focused on accomplishing our goal for contacts (ten numbers everyday). We saw great improvements in ourselves as we studied and role-played contacts. We focused on becoming more effective contacters. As a result we improved so much our contacts. We jumped from 25 last week to 45 this week...this week, there is no doubt a 70. We also have seen that as we have been contacting throughout the whole day and everyone we see we have qualified ourselves for more help during our lessons. The spirit has been so much stronger, and so the lessons so much more powerful. At the center of all our plans has been the Book of Mormon. There were two people who had come to church Sunday...one was one of these contacts. We have been "advertising" the general authority who is coming, so we are excited about that.

Elder Snow is a blessing in this work...this work would be so hard without a companion. The more I work with him the more I learn from and love him.

My testimony is strong. I have especially been thankful for all the occasions I now have to bear it. We are so lucky as missionaries of the Lord, and I pray that I can recognize more of the blessings I am sometimes too prideful to see. I regret the times when I sometimes don't feel like contacting, and I reflect on the selfishness and disrespect that shows to our Heavenly Father. This week has really taught me to not only have fear of no one, but cherish every encounter I have with one of my brother and sisters, who's Savior is mine also.

This week was fun. Thanks to our contacts our teaching pool has been quite full...there is still some room to grow...the hard thing with Guadeloupians is they hate commitments. And whenever they do give you a time to come back and teach, there are only a select few which will be sure there. So with all that it's impossible to set up member lessons when we aren't sure if our investigator will be there. Haha, that was one of the lessons I learned with Elder Heiner. We would set up member lessons as one of the lessons with our investigators. I would rather get kicked in the belly than have our members take time out of their day for a ratey vous(what we call a rendez-vous when our investigator doesn't show up).

This week should be sweet...It's zone conference and there is an authority general who is coming. Friday is going to be rough because Elder Snow and I will be commuting ten other missionaries who are coming in from neighboring islands. As for all the big news in Guyana, i feel terrible for President Gamiette, and all he is having to do. Please pray for him and his family. But all that will change in Guadeloupe is we will be getting 2 English elders for a transfer which should be fun for them.

So, I'm glad grandpa was able to go down the river...he best be ready to go down with all of us next year when we go to the cabin first week that I'm home. YEE HAW!!!

I got dad's Utah football articles the other week Elder Snow and I were so pumped to hear about our boy JJ...he is such a stud! And Utes won...Dope...the guadeloupians are gonna know for sure that I'm a Utah man, sir.

HAHA, tucker is a nerd, haha, but if he is getting into facebook I don't know...its good but its also lame at the same time.

Hey i wanted to ask how all the boys were doing...I haven't heard too much...but TOM, TRENT, PAT, GARR, and Dan? Wes should be gettin' home pretty soon too....How are my boys?

And of course TJ....whats the news?


K well I love you mom...tell Brother Robison and Sister Robison hi for me (we're going to hear Andy's former mission president and wife speak on Sunday) hahaha...wow I think I'm so funny. Love ya

2 comments:

Jmort said...

Andy is starting to translate from French to English...that is awesome.

Julie said...

37 Euro for Mcdonalds? That's the cost for a cheeseburger in paradise? That's crazy!!! Andy sounds great!