Monday, July 13, 2009

"Waiting for the Next Explosion"

The area in Lamentin is going. We have 3 strong investigators who are doing all the things they should in preparing for baptism. It's such a blessing to be apart of their conversion process! Elder Snow and I are really working on being able to be the mouthpiece of the spirit for them. Just things like always having a prayer in our heart to have the Holy Ghost, and praying our way through the day that we can be an adequate messenger of the restored gospel and representative of our Savior. I'm really excited about a young man we are teaching, Judicael, 22. He is getting up at 6 o'clock to read his scriptures with us (well, we read in our apartment he in his). He has a date of baptism for this Saturday so we are praying that will go well. He is a young man of humble nature, and has even shared desires to serve a mission. We challenged him to quit smoking this last Thursday; he smokes almost a pack a day, thats just crazy! So we know it was going to be hard for him, to show him that we were dedicated to help him, Elder Snow and I each agreed to give up something hard for us...for Elder Snow it was soda, and for me bread....these frenchies know how to cook some bread... Gosh and this internet cafe is just next to a dang boulangerie so the smell of fresh bread is killin me!

Elder Snow is the best and is always making it fun to be a missionary. He works hard and is a good example of humble leadership. He is a great example of service too, always shining my shoes and ironing my shirts. It's kind of annoying to tell you the truth because after he does something I'm obligated to do something for him haha, of course I'm kidding. But, this campanionship is doing great

Finally, my testimony is there. This last week I have focused on trying to be more spiritual, to have a better sense of the sacred, and to be less light-minded. These things invite the Spirit to the work, the spirit of God that so fuels the fire of this work. I want to be that servant of God that depends solely on what the spirit tells him to say. I know that if I try to use my own inadaquate knowledge of the gospel and my own words I can accomplish very little. I know this is the work of God and I love it oh so much

We have a family night tonight with a family that has two kids who come to church every week, but have not been baptized because the mom will not let them. We did a little service for her Saturday and are gonna make a sweet cake to butter up the mom.

In the zone there are 2 who don't have baptismal dates, but they are going to baptize if they do everything they can to qualify for the Lord's help. And i think Elder Snow and I are going to do splits in their area in the next week or so to help them out.

I feel like the mission is just flying by, and I'm not doing too many "fun things" as in waterfalls, beaches and all that, but we are getting a lot done.

The McDonald's we ate at to celebrate Independance Day was super lame.... it's so dang expensive and they dont have a dollar menu!

Alright, well I love you all so much; I love all the extended family and love hearing about them. Family is SWEET isnt it?

GOD BLESS AMERICA

No comments: