Monday, July 27, 2009

"Growing Older But Not Up"

What a sweet birthday I had! Your package actually arrived on Saturday afternoon! So I was pretty excited about that. HAHA I loved every little thing. On judging how much I liked it though I have come to the conclusion that I'm a huge nerd, but that's OK. Thanks so much though! It was really a great birthday! Its weird to think that I'm 20! I still feel about 14, and act probably younger. The Collings made me a sweet cake that we ended up eating at a family night, so it was a good day. The members were good to me, they are such sweet people. I love them, all of them, There are many that the only way to describe them is pioneers, with a roll-up-their sleeves, get it done spirit that I wish I was more full of. My favorite family, The Eclars (its thanks to Pres. Eclar, that I now know kicking butt is the key to happiness). All they do is work. Everyday they are both working, hungering to do missionary work, even though he is the district president and she the relief society president with two young kids. There are days at a time that they do not see each other. And each time Sister Eclar tells us she wants to work we ask her, "Sister Eclar...have you seen your husband today?". She replies it doesn't matter Elders, we have eternity to be together...she is the best. And he is MR Kick Butt.

Well this week has been a little tiring. Elder Snow and I had to prepare for Zone Conference for President Gamiette. That means driving elders and president to and from airport, making sure everything is ready for interviews and zone conference. All really wanted to do was prepare spiritually, but I thank the Lord that I made some time to fast and read a bit before. There were definitely some questions I had that were answered this week.

I believe every missionary at the conference was humbled and edified more than ever before. At the beginning President Gamiette started off a little bit shaky with the English, but I think as we were praying in our hearts to feel the spirit, the Lord began to speak by President Gamiette. The spirit prompted questions by elders, and we had a powerful experience. President Gamiette has a way of taking the simplest scriptures and opening your minds to what they mean. I guess it would be more appropriate to say the spirit has a way of teaching the scriptures simply. He taught us from the Beatitudes, 2 Nephi 31, Mosiah 4, and Moroni 8:24-26. If you would like to do a study I would encourage it. Oh and also 2 Nephi 32 the first part. Even Elder Colling came away saying, "I have taught the doctrine of Christ and the Beatitudes thousands of times but I have never understood much until today." It was a great humbling experience. We ought to be so grateful for those that have the keys to receive revelation and lead and guide us in our wards, in our stakes, even our primary class rooms. I do know that those keys had been passed and the President Gamiette holds them.

After Friday I was so excited to get out and work, even though it was a busy week we got a lot done. There was some running around Saturday for some baptisms. Judicael is stuck between two chairs(as they say in french) because his parents don't want him to be baptized, or at least not right now. They say it is too early. He wants to and he is ready, but we are glad he doesn't want to be disobedient to his parents. If it continues to be a problem though he knows that his first loyalty is to his Heavenly Father. So if you could pray that his parents' hearts will soften that will be great. We have also been working with Stephanie and Katia, a part member family whose mom is DIFFICULT! Elder Snow and I have tried teaching the doctrine, she even had a spiritual experience, and she still believes they are not ready. I have tried working the Neff charm, we made a cake and all but nothing. But things are going very well. I'm excited for this week to come and this transfer coming up. President has been worrying about the youthfullness of our zone so he has talked about making Elder Snow and I zone leaders and trainers at the same time. I about pooped my pants when he said that. I'll do it if I have to, but zone leader is tiring enough. So I sure hope not. I miss the days of just worrying and focusing on my area. Anyways, I love you all!

2 comments:

Garr's Mom said...

Oh, I miss that cute boy! he is so fired up and doing such a great job. I think I am going to study the Beatitudes now!!

Julie said...

Wow! Zone leader and trainer. That sounds crazy. But Andy could do it!