Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"Turnabout"

TE MAL (My bad about no email last week)....... I sent a huge email last week, but it must have not gone through! It was a good one, too. Elder Snow and I have been so pumped up lately. Ever since Trinidad (Zone Leader Council) we have been overflowing with a desire to kick butt! President Robison shared with us in Trinidad the key to having 200 baptisms every month. That is that every zone has to have a magic number every month(the magic number every month is when every companionship baptizes). To this day the French Zone is the only zone never to have had the magic number. So when we taught at a zone meeting two fridays ago, we shared that it was up to us...every month. Setting goals is the only way we can progress. I think Elder Nelson said that without goals we would run up and down the field without ever crossing the goal line. We had our all the elders carefully plan and pray to fix a goal for their specific areas. I found that my faith was a lot less than that of the French Zone elders. For the year we have a goal for 155. I know that there are at least 155 souls that are prepared to receive the restored gospel this year, and I pray that the other elders and I can prepare ourselves enough that the Lord trusts us enough to put them in our path.



So I ask that everyone pray for that goal. Our preparation included a scripture study at a waterfall. Elder Snow and I found some great scriptures about how much God loves his children on the isles of the sea. How our goal is a mighty one, but God has helped his missionaries or warriors in the past. We raised our Eben-ezer (see below for definition of Ebenezer) and our Title of Liberty. It was a very spiritual experience in the tranquility of the Guadeloupe cascade.


And the Lord has really poured out His Spirit upon the island. We have seven elders who are under 5 months out, and yet they are kickin butt! There were four people baptized this last week and a few will be baptized this coming week. Elder Snow have a couple of baptisms set up for 2 people in the coming weeks. I love our new investigator Juedi Carel. Elder Heiner and I found him. He was a 22 year old "gangsta", but after teaching him he has changed so much! He shaved his dreads a few days ago(without us even telling him anything. He had some humbling experiences right before we met him in which he decided to turn to God. The light of Christ has guided him to the path of God! And there is no better feeling than when your investigator comes to church for the first time and offers the prayer! He is sweet! He is scheduled to be baptized on the 19th, and hopefully Malia for the same day. We are making changes in Guadeloupe, repenting, and becoming better. That's what it's all about, becoming better. These are the days never to be forgotten!

Elder Snow and I are having a blast....Its definitely harder to have fun in French than in English... but Elder Snow is a goon.haha I'm not gonna lie...right now I'm working on finding the balance between lightmindedness and light heartedness (we're not sure what that means)...it/s easier with Elder Snow though.

PSSSS I made Gulumbo (not sure what Gulumbo is) for the first time this last week!!! It was so good!.....ok not that great!!! but I didn't throw up! Well everyone know that I AM proud to be an American...we are eating at McDonalds today to salute America (at least that's our excuse).

I love everyone! Give the love to the Knaphus family for me...I think about them a lot (nose touch for mark).

*Eben-ezer (Stone of Help) A stone set up by Samuel as a token of gratitude for deliverance from the Philistines (1 Sam. 7: 10-12). The place had previously been the scene of two defeats (1 Sam. 4: 1; 1 Sam. 5: 1).

1 comment:

Julie said...

Andy sounds soo good. Thanks for the shoutout to our clan too. Nose touch right back at ya!