Monday, December 1, 2008

"Altered Boy"

I'm glad to hear that the thanksgiving was good. I'm sure it was. It sucks...its about 1 o'clock here, and I have not eaten since yesterday afternoon and so I'm starving. It wasnt much fun reading about all the great food you and dad wrote about...and dad was using details! We had our own little Thanksgiving dinner on thursday. I'm not sure if I told you..but the Collings had all the missionaries over and they cooked turkey while all the missionaries brought something...there were twice baked potatoes, green bean casorole, deviled eggs, breadsticks, mashed potatoes, stuffing, fruit salad (for you mom), and apple crumble. I almost won the contest for who could eat the most until I threw up....it sucked. Elder Williams won of course (he's a U football player) ...home slice can eat! But it was a great night; we had testimony meeting after and it was awesome. This whole week with the holiday season and everything I have been thinking about just how grateful I am for family and how much of a geek I used to be for not wanting to hang out with you all the time. It sounds like Tuck's less of a nerd than I was which was good. All the elders and I bore testimony and gave thanks to our families, to the unifying and eternal love we had for our families. I want everyone to know I love them.. I can't wait to get the picture of the family haha hopefully there are no floating heads like last one.
This week has been cool in Moule, we have a bunch of new investigators that are pretty new> It's so much slower (the work) here on the french side, and luckily I have been pretty good about not getting down when we hear how many baptsims the english side is getting. Truth is that as long as I'm working hard I have no reason but to rejoice in my God and that I already have taken part in helping one soul come to him. But ya love you guys tons...no worries about the game, mom, I knew they would win haha....Utah football kicks trash...

Other tidbits from the weekly Q & A:
  • The West Indies Mission had 237 baptisms in November
  • Packages sent via US Postal Service are best sent in a "packaged envelope, not a box".
  • "Not gonna lie, all the elders are jealous of my popularity...I have been tearing up the letter records..haha I don't know if its because I get a lot or they just don't get much, but thank you Dianna and Travis, Phil and Mandy, Aunt Carol, Emily and Chad, Allie, Masha, Clara, Paul and Sara ...mail is crucial! and always remember when you send something it never hurts or costs more to throw in a little sports article.
  • Louisant's baptism was not in the ocean. It would have been cool, but we are supposed to let the person choose and he wanted it in the baptismal font so that was lame, but cool still...Elder Garotta and I were witnesses.
  • Andy wants for Christmas: I just want you guys to have a great Chrismas, and to keep putting me in your prayers, and drop a few lines and thats great

4 comments:

Julie said...

I can't believe Andy actually thought he could win an eating contest. Too bad he threw up.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear Andy had a good Thanksgiving. For December are you going to change the title of his blog to another Jimmy Buffet song: "Christmas in the Caribbean?"

Todd

Brad Neff said...

Thanks for ruining the surprise, Todd! But, you do go to the head of the class for recognizing Jimmy Buffet songs

cdiddy said...

Andy sounds happy and as always informative!!!!
Don't forget about Buffets rendition of Mele Kalikimaka for Christams. I know wrong Islands.
(Chris Knaphus for those who don't know the Cdiddy thing...)