Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Final Week at the MTC




Dear .... Everyone,

How goes it up north? I can't believe that you would go to the cabin without me! That's lame, and good luck having fun... just jokin'. I am jealous though. Mom, thank you for the amazing cookies and recipe book. The cookies were gone that night (I only ate two luckily). The recipe book will be nice though. Word on the street is that we have a cook in the West Indies though. I kind of hope not so I can get better at cooking. But, on the other hand if we don't have to cook, there is more time to do missionary work. I'm sure you are getting kind of bored of my letters from the MTC. Nothing really happens. I do like it here and enjoy the study time, but I'll be grateful to leave.
I appreciate your advice on being district leader, mom. I'm sorry if last week sounded like I was shrugging the duty off as "no big deal". Truth is, it is difficult for me because I have to act the leader role and its tough finding the balance between fun guy and serious district leader. I just didn't want to sound as if I was complaining last week, hence, the "no big deal". But thanks for the advice. I know you are doing a great job as Relief Society Pres.
Anyways, nothing too much to report other than that. I just wanna hear more about how everyone is doin'. I hope letters won't be this boring for everyone in the West Indies. Tell Tucker he needs to start dating. I'm dying to test out some french lines that he could use. So, he can fill me in on that, or if not, tell him to write me about football.
I know this church is true and that Christ lives. I know that Joseph Smith was called to open this dispensation and through our testimony of him we can have a testimony of our entire church. He was so sweet! Au revoir, Andy
And from his email: I just got back from another day at the temple. Its cool that all the missionaries go through every week. Each session the probably has 5 different languages everytime! its wild! I'm going to miss it. So i should be getting my flight plans tonight sometime, i'll let you know the low down next friday...I'm stoked for singing tomorrow night...we get to the conference center around 3 and practice till about 5. Apparently i'm singing 2nd tenor but i think by the time i'm done singing the songs my voice has covered about every part haha. Mostly i'm just excited to hear the direction we will recieve from the brotheren this weekend. HOw awesome is it that these men that recieve revelation from God, are all talking to us in two days. and i know there will be something in conference for everyone. HOw are my buddies doing out in the field? it sucked to have pat leave the mtc, i didn't even realize how much of a comfort it was having him there until he left. K well you all have fun, i'll talk to you later, Elder Neff

1 comment:

cdiddy said...

Love the picture of the three amigos!
Miss having them hanging around.