Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Sheer Genius, Lloyd..."




Hey folks!
Another Utah win, eh? I'll be honest, it doesn't surprise me. Can you tell Coach Kyle to make the win margins a little larger for me though so that I don't have to put up with this crap I get from BYU fans? "Well, we won by 40". You know how they are. So, I'm thinking that I need to write Coach Smith about Tuck. Ahhh! That really bugs me.
So the house is coming along? I'm glad to hear that. I dibs the big room downstairs when I get back & for sure my machetes will be on the walls (apparently he's moved on from the Ninja sword collection phase). I'm definitely down for some hunting when I get back, dad. I'll be practiced at hunting, sort of. On the mission we hunt for the elect of God. hahah. Okay that's pushing the analogy, but I try.
Some news this week is that, I guess, the missionaries are singing in the priesthood session of conference. I was one of three hundred that get to go. So obviously it must have been a random selection cuz if they had heard me sing I would be shoot out of luck. So watch for me Dad and Tuck.
The French is coming along really well. I can basically say anything, but go about as slow as a four year old. I need to start thinking in french, but not cross the line of thinking like a Frenchman. Because as Harry Dunn says..... well, you know. I was teaching an instructor the other other day who happened to have served in the West Indies. He told me that the french missionaries usually have to learn french creole along with french. That scared the crap out of me. Two languages? It is alright, though. It will all work out; it always does if we rely on the Lord. And thanks for teaching me that.
So for gym I occasionally play basketball instead of working out. I tend to get a little too competitive when I play. Plus, there are a lot of chuckers or guys who just don't know how to play. So when I get a little frustrated, I quit and go play four square. All I can say is that game is "sheer genius, Lloyd". My companion's and my weekly goal is to have better four square teamwork. Well, you can tell that not much is going on this week, but I love everyone and keep on keeping on. Andy
PS Fun pictures of Elder and Sister Neff (who'll have the Caribbean covered!) & Andy and his buddy Pat enjoying the MTC

7 comments:

Mandy said...

love the pictures! how fun that he gets to sing in the priesthood session, all the boys will have to look for him

2 fans opinions said...

vv4 represent!!!!!!!!

Garr's Mom said...

I think you should go down to the conference center 6 hours early and sit right by the MTC choir so you can wave to him!!!

I am so proud of his 4 square goals(haha) he is the funniest kid I have ever met!!

Brad Neff said...

Don't think for a minute that DeAnna hasn't thought about going to the conference center.

Julie said...

I can just see DeAnna down at the conference center. The only woman in the place. Oh wait, there will be all the other missionary moms there too.

Love the pictures! Dang, I miss these guys!

cdiddy said...

It is Halloween season...DeAnna could dress up as a missionary and sit on the stand.
Tell Andy tetherball and hop scotch are considered sports as well!

Anonymous said...

The kid looks like he is having a great tim...of course he always does. I heard side hugs with girl cousins were OK.