Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sleep-Talking in French

Man! Time is flying by here in the MTC. And with every week I feel less and less prepared to speak French. This week Elder Brady (who is going to the same mission as Ashley Christensen-- Geneva) and I taught the first lesson all in French (35 minutes). It was tough, but I felt we did a good job! The great part about teaching is that most of the message is said eloquently through the spirit and the lack of eloquence in the language can be overcome through that (the Spirit). It's weird though, apparently I am getting the hang of the language because my companion says I talk French in my sleep. I still don't know if I believe him, but he swears by it. Sleep has never bothered me here. I always feel as though I get enough and never seem to be very tired. So, add another thing to the Lord's blessings.
I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day here...hahah... every day is the same. I love it for the most part. Studying is the best (who'd have thought!) and I love the feeling of finally understanding something in French. The only thing that sucks is that everyone is getting wise to my pranks. But, we have some new kids coming in on Wednesday. Mwahahahaha! (he's sounding like his Grandpa Taylor)
I've made it a goal to keep all the rules to a T, to set an example for the district (not that I wasn't already... but not perfectly). Getting to bed on time was a task!
My running has continued, and I'm jump roping a lot now. So, I've been able to stay in shape (at least I think). I'm sure you are making fun of me at home, but, no joke, elders that are here nine weeks put on an average of 17 pounds. Not me!
This week I have had my scripture study and discussed in class the saving grace of the Lord (Elder Bednar's first talk.... Money!) I have come to appreciate trials that our Father in Heaven gives me. No, I'm not drunk, but how are we to grow without the blessing of overcoming tribulation? How are we to overcome the truly difficult tirals without overcoming the small ones? See D& C 58:2,3.
I love and miss everyone. Let everyone else know how grateful I am for the letters and support. --- Elder Neff

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm glad the french is coming along. He still sounds very "Andy".