Monday, June 7, 2010

"Ridin' In Style"

Well, our zone is the ultimate soccer zone. Basically you could put us up against Brazil and we would kick their trash! We have Elder West and Williams who come from England and they have played soccer their whole lives, as well as Elder Miranda from France, but By far Elder Rodriguez is the best player; he is incredible! So we have fun on Mondays making Elder Lunt and I look like fools.

Jose Wiliam was not baptized this week. We finally got permission again, but he didn't come to church. We will be fixing a baptismal date soon.

Tell Tucker that I sucked (about getting home at a decent hour) and that he needs to start practicing getting up at 6:30 so he is not like one of the puds that complains about it in the MTC! I got my whole apartment who has trouble getting up on time...I gotta plan something good to get them! If any one has any ideas I'll welcome hearing them. Cold Water? Elder Heiner was telling me the other day that he used a hot iron on his companion's foot once because he refused to get out of bed haha. I'm not that mean.......or am I?

We all got brand new bikes here in French Guyane...the coolest mission in the world is now complete!

Andy on a teaching appointment with John Paul, a member from Haiti

Andy wrote the following to President Gamiette:

Dear President,

My family is doing just wonderful this week. Although school has just got out for the summer, everyone is staying motivated and busy. My dad gave me some great advice this week in order to help me and Elder Lunt find the new branch president that Cayenne needs. My parents are staying motivated with me just till the end. They are the best.
Cayenne is going just wonderful. This was our first full week of good solid work! I feel close and "in" with the members once again. However for the first part of the week we searched searched and searched for a new branch president. We contacted everyone, and even did some tracting in areas where we felt we might find him(and I'm totally anti-tracting. But members were just hard to see in the beginning of the week. However we know that we will most likely find our branch president through referrals, as most of missionaries personal finding efforts lead us to the more humble people. We actually found many Haitians that were really humbled and interested, however, the state of Haitians refugees isn't the best for a new branch president. We are also teaching a young man from Africa. His name is Jose Ca. He is great. However, he only speaks Portuguese. He came to church this Sunday, and we plan to give him a baptismal date as soon as we learn how to say that in Portuguese. Luckily there are quite a few Brazilian members with whom we can work. But at the end of this week we are still looking for our branch president. Currently we are teaching a family who are a referral from a member. The husband is a business man who is wealthy. He is very smart and could be a great leader for the church. But he is wanting to go slow. His wife on the other hand wants to move faster. We may need to just pray these two into the church! Things are going really really well though.

Elder Lunt is tearing it up. He is always in a great mood, which is my kind of missionary. This week he had some break throughs as he has begun contacting without me for the first time! It was actually last night that he finally got the courage to break off and and get ur' done. That has been one of the reasons contacts have not been 10 each day, is because we had been doing them together. But, yesterday I believe Elder Lunt had 4 by himself! His effort and courage is inspiring and he is a great example. The french is coming as well... really slowly, but it's coming.

I feel the love of the Lord when I search each day to follow his will, and to reach my goals. The fatigue I feel at the end of each day fills my heart with thanks towards him and for the tiny understanding he is giving me about what he goes through for us! I search to draw myself even closer, and to tire myself a little more so that I might understand more and more. I love this great work in which we are engaged and I know that here in Cayenne we are about to see great things!

No comments: