Monday, March 22, 2010

"Fat Person Man (or so Andy thinks)"

Thanks for the update on everyone....that was definitely weird to hear that they are all home...It kind of freaks me out!

Things are slowly starting to progress in Abymes. This week definitely could have been much much better, however I do not feel discouraged. On the other hand I feel very confident about what we need to do in Abymes. The area the we live in is not flooded with many members...most of them live in Pointre a Pitre, but Elder Evans and I are focusing on the few members and inactives that live here and in Morne a L'eau and we are going to strengthen them and get them preparing for the temple and we are going to teach all their friends that the lord is now placing in their paths, We have tried the contacting and tracting routes, and all we have met is missed rendezvous, with nothing else but more tracting and contacting to do in replace. Of course we are still striving to get our 70 contacts each week(this last week my companion fell sick again Sunday after church so we did not get a chance to finish our 70) so that we may teach and baptize those that the Lord puts in our path, however we will focus on those the Lord puts around the members. Already tonight we have two lessons set up to teach at members' homes to referrals.

Elder Evans and I are getting along just great. He is a very talented and strong missionary, and I feel it a privilege to serve with him. He has already become a very good friend.

Well, this week I was really touched by the lesson the assistants taught on planning. They taught of the importance of planning and how it is something our Heavenly Father has mastered. It really changed my perspective and view of my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I caught a little spiritual glimpse of what they might be like, and how I can reflect their traits by mastering planning and many other godly attributes on my mission. The spirit testified to me that we are all God's spiritual children, and with work we may all become like him.

The work is advancing, and like you said in your e-mail, I'm not going to expect a great change in the work, but by working hard I'm fairly certain we will see some changes by the end of the transfer. Again not huge ones, but we are going to be focusing getting some inactives strong and back at church. Christ always focused on the one...not groups. I feel very sure and confident in the work right now, and I know that's the spirit testifying to me that Elder Evans are on the right track.

On another good note, Elder Evans and I are walking tons! It feels great to get those legs alive again and work on that huge butt of mine. Every Tuesday and Friday we have a kick butt workout with President Menardin! He is legit...the legend is that it was him that Warner Brothers used to create the bat suit mold from batman haha. This last Friday we went with him early in the morning to these huge flight of stairs where he kicked our trash...There are six flights in all and the last workout I carried Elder Evans on my back all the way up. Gotta love the workouts! I've decided that I want to run the St. George marathon this year so if you can would you sign me up? Thanks a honey bunches of oats

Well I gotta bounce

I love you all so much, and I pray that you are well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man, I just love this kid! He amazes me with his attitude and his work ethic! What an inspiration! Thanks for this blog..I love reading it!