Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"King of Somewhere Hot"

HOWDY DOODY, y'all

What's going on? Summer is here (like dad said) and I'm in the Caribbean! Wow, that's sweet....I'm sorry you are all stuck in dry Utah climate without coconuts and creole food....OK not really, I'm just remembering how awesome the end of senior year was and trying to make myself feel better..I cant believe that Tuck won all that junk(cash, Ipod, movie tickets). That's awesome...its been a crazy week for y'all? Those are the craziest but you're grateful for them the week after. I'm so glad to read your emails every week; they are the best. I'm happy to report that I got the little package last week. That was pretty nice, and like mom's note said, I about died when I saw the masks (surgical masks for the swine flu) ... hahaha.
SO, this week has been amazing...Elder Heiner and I have been doing some good stuff, I think. We had a great experience with Christopher's grandma this week as we sat her and her whole family down to commit them to read the Book of Mormon every week...we used Moroni as an example of how he went around fortifying his cities just after war instead of laying back and waiting like Amalikiah. We said that we never know when the next battle will be, and and that's why it's important to fortify ourselves every day by reading the Book of Mormon. It went so well and ever since then she has been reading really well as well as the rest of the family. We are hoping she got an answer to a date we gave her and asked her to pray about. We will see tonight at family night with President Eclar(our district president, aka " the kick butt guy"). He is the best, he is our closer. He is a great example for me...same with President Gamiette (the soon to be "new" mission president).
This week we have been helping him a little bit to get ready for the move. His family are such champs, his daughters especially who are already great missionaries. I'm excited for him to be our mission president. He gave an incredible testimony yesterday in Fast Sunday where he talked about how he had ran a triathlon last week. He expressed how hard it had been and how the only thing that kept him going was the fresh bottle of water at the end of each 2 kilometers. He said that during the race his thoughts turned to the atonement and to church and how no matter how hard life gets there is always Sunday, the sacrament, where we renew our baptismal covenants, and as a fresh bottle of water renews our strides. HE expressed his love and thanks to the members and wanted them to know how much he loved them even through times where it might seem he is reprimanding them...Well other than that it was a pretty normal week.
Elder Wright and I got to shuttle around a seventy on Sunday that was fun. Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you... apparently I'm flying to Trinidad next week for zone leader council...now its normally not that big of deal, but I was stoked 'cuz I heard Chas was a zone leader there, so I'll get to hang out with him for a few days! Well, it's that time again...I love you all.

Avec amour,

Elder Neff

Madame Gustav's Baptism ... Andy helped find and teach her


Christopher's Baptism... hopefully the rest of the family is baptized soon

4 comments:

Julie said...

Andy sounds great. It sounds like his new President will be good too. That's nice that they already know him.

How fun to get to see Chas again.

Garr's Mom said...

I love hearing about Andy. Sounds like he is enjoying the weather and food. And teaching the gospel. Way to go!

Emily P said...

I love Andy! He is so cute.

neffgang said...

There aren't many things as wonderful as seeing a son dressed in baptismal whites!

The blessings of the gospel continue to fill us with hope, faith and love.

Way to go Andy!