Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"Brown-eyed Girl(s)"

THE BAPTISMS WENT THROUGH!!! I'll send some pics, but I was really worried about them, just because of last transfer and David bailing on his...I didn't wanna get my hopes up too much. but it was an amazing baptism. Well we did have a few problems with the baptismal suits. Elder Wright and I brought all our baptismal suits to the baptism to let them try them on and choose which they wanted, when we found we had no kid jumpers for Ashley. She ended up having to use a large adult one which was HUGE on her. It was hilarious, but after we solved that little problem it went off without a hitch and there was a great spirit during the testimonies. Patricia is from Haiti and has daughter is 8 (Ashley) and she has another boy 7, girl at 6 (Hillary), and a boy at 3.

Patricia and daughter Ashely were baptized! Also pictured is President Jeanremy, the branch president in Moule (looks young? he returned from his mission in 2008!)


Guadeloupe is getting ready to explode. The District had a big kickoff for the branch missionaries last Thursday. Me and Elder Wright taught what there roles would be as branch missionaries, and how the full time missionaries and them would work together. This should help in our finding efforts, and finding better referrals as well as retention. In the future we hope to train the branch missionaries well enough to teach on their own. There are about 20 branch missionaries on Gwada (Guadeloupe). Things are going great though. Elder Wright is a stud, and hilarious. He is from the mountains up in Arizona. He is on fire. This week was funny; he got a letter from one of his " friends" who expressed her undying love for him....they really need to make a television show like Laguna beach but for missionaries...we have one baptism coming up for this week and another the next week. Their names are Melia and madame Gustav, so if ya'll could pray for them that would be great. In the meantime I hope you are all taking care and kicking butt. Kicking butt is the key to happiness! ........and Jazz wins help too


Haha, Ashley is probably the only one that sounds the same to me. she has probably grown the most though.

Hillary is such an athlete, don't let her get any ideas about being too athletic though, next thing you know she will be trying out for middle linebacker on the football team. OH, by the way I got the package just this week from the ward.

Attta boy Tuck ...he looks like quite the pimp in that picture. Its crazy how cold it still looks! I'm gonna freeze when I get back. but yeah, "he don't suck" sounds like he is back he is a pimp, I'm gonna have to get that tie in the mail, cuz this tie is no chance....it's a cant miss!


Hahaha, I hope sawyer shows fancy up, that is awesome. So what are the chances of me getting my own dog when I get home....I think that's only fair as you kinda kishkumened me with the whole buying the dog when I'm gone.

POOP....that's a bummer, I cant believe they blew it like that...that probably means Boozer will bail...

Kembé Réd....Pomoli (a little bit of creole)

Andy

4 comments:

Suz said...

Yeah! That is so awesome about the baptisms!

Oh and Brad... we need to have a little chat about what you posted on our blog about my driving...

Julie said...

It sounds like they are reaping the blessing now for the difficulties of being off the island for a while.

Mandy said...

i love seeing pictures!

cdiddy said...

"Elder Wright is from the mountains of Arizona". Garr's first area, St. Johns is in the Mountains of Arizona.