Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On"

I don't know if you have heard what has been going on Guadeloupe, but the work in Gosier had been going pretty well actually, and we had a couple families and men that were really coming along. So, I was pretty disappointed when we got a call last Wednesday that we should pack our things and that we would be moving in with the Abymes elders. It was already a small apartment and I didn't know the area at all. Thursday was a little crazy though. The Collings (senior couple) gave us the assignment to find gas(we actaully had a car in Abymes) and the Collings thought it best for us to fill up. We spent six hours trying to work connections (luckily there is the elders quorum president, Pres Mogrin, who has so many connections I swear he works for the mafia). Well, President Mogrin finally found someone he knew at the Gosier harbor who had smuggled in gas, so we were able to fill up after a bunch of maneuvering through road blocks, etc. So you can imagine I'm having a heck of a fun time with all this 'espionage' work. After we prepared for a baptism in Abymes. It's just like Joseph Smith's quote that says persecutions may rage, mobs may assemble, armies may combine and calumny may defame, but the work of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent etc. We worked, mostly doing a lot of tracting in the country side, because they didn't want us to go into the city. It was hard to get a lot of work done though with the greve. Days were long, Elder Snow and I were not in our area, and didn't have any investigators really(we met some people in the Abymes area that were really great, but they technically were not our investigators). So the work was difficult. That's why I wasn't too surprised when on Monday morning we received a call from president that we were all being transferred off the island for a month or more.



I'm now in St Maarten(we call it little America). It's a real tourist island if anyone is interested.... My companion is Elder Larson who seems pretty cool. He likes sports. Unfortunately, he likes the rockets...lame!. I'm really excited to be here though. Honestly, I don't want to be here too long because it's not really French speaking and I don't want to forget my french, but I'm excited to make the most out of the time I'll be here. It's funny, I really have no idea how to contact people in English; it's SO weird. I feel like a new kid all over again haha...anyways nothing to worry about; everything is great. I'm really nervous about Grandpa Neff and Grandma Kathie, but I know they are in the Lord's hand and that he will take care of them for his missionary. Tucker is sounding like quite a pimp: game winner?! That's awesome. I want what him an D Will are drinking. k well you're in my prayers. I'll talk to you on Monday.

1 comment:

neffgang said...

Wow you guys. We are so glad he is safe and sound. And he has such a great attitude. I think he likes the adventure part of it all. I'm not sure how the parents like it though?