Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"He Went to Gosier"

ANDY AT A RECENT ZONE CONFERENCE WITH ELDERS KELLY AND GAROTTA
Creole has been put on hold as I have had to work on french a
whole bunch more. Without Elder Garotta, and Elder Snow being
fairly new I'm having to do at least 50 percent of the teaching,
so not much creole lately other than to entertain some
Guadeloupians. I was so worried to come have to speak in
french though. As I have opened my mouth though, I can
honestly say there has not been any hinderance of teaching( I
don't know if that works in english, is that a word,
hinderance...) and not as much cooking either.
This sunday was one of the most tired I have been on the
mission. As we added up our numbers for the week I couldn't
help but feel I let myself down a little, and more importantly
the Lord. We didn't have anyone at church and we didn't have
any member lessons. I'm doing my best at finding a line between
not being too disappointed in numbers and still caring. I don't
want to not care at all, but I don't want to have the numbers
get my spirits down. Our goal is to steadly increase our
numbers over the transfer. Gosier has a lot of work to be done
here. They have not had an investigator at church in over 12
weeks and only 5 member lessons in two transfers. As I have met
a lot of people in Gosier this week I know there is a lot of
potential here. With the help of the members I know we can make
miracles happen here. The greatest surprise about coming to
Gosierhas been the members themselves. They are so strong!
Each member has a strong testimony and is firmly founded in
the rock of Christ. There are great families in the ward too.
The Jaumies and the Gaydus... the moms of each have served
missions(and they have thecoolest little kids, which is the
best. Swann is two and is already the biggest pimp haha).
All the members just need a little nudge from the missionaries,
and they will be missionary machines! So thisweek we did our
pancake party and it went good, they pounded them...but we
also made missionary packets for them. Some missionary tracts
and some "missionary badges" we made for we put together.
We hope to get them finding referals for us and really wanting
to teach with us. I'm greatful to be here in Gosier and to be
doingthe work of God.
Elder Snow is great, he is so easy to get along with, and is a
selfless missionary. He is an example to me of love for the people
and together i know we are going to make things happen.
My testimony is still good. This week has been hard as I have come
from a relatively thriving environment in Moule to here in Gosier.
It took me a while to humble myself and get over that difference.
All the fields are white and ready to harvest, even here in Gosier,
and I'm here on the mission to do that. i love you so much, and glad
to hear the family is still great.

From the weekly question and answer e-mail:

When you said that no members attended church in Gosier last
transfer, did you mean NO members (including branch president) at all attended?
Actually I'm just dumb and meant investigators and I found out its at least been two transfers! So, there's a lot of workto do.
How was church this week? It was actually really
good; the members are really unified and very strong. They need to
find a stronger desire to do the missionary work, but they will.
I've already found a bunch of friends in the branch. Right now
its a branch of about 8 adults and 12 kids (2 young men with the
priesthood).
Are you playing the piano for church? Yeah! And
they just got a new piano! jeah boy!
Will you be able to go to Moule to see baptisms?
I hope, renay commited for this coming saturday
How is your investigator pool? None when i got there.
How is the apartment? It's real nice, and the landlady
loves the missionaries and takes care of us.

No comments: