Monday, January 5, 2009

"Changing Channels"

Ok, the real good news and bad news....the work in Moule has
really been incredible this week! Elder Garotta and I have
had what we like to call a kick butt week thanks to everyone's
prayers and fasts. Sometimes I know it might not seem like it
helps, but prayer and fasting faithfully and humbly is one of
the most powerful things. Thanks so much. We have had two
great investigators who have been preparing over the weeks to
be baptized. Renay has progressing for about a month. I have
mentioned him before. He comes to church every week and
usually is a really good participant in lessons and such.
He has shown great desire to learn more and more of the Book
of Mormon and the gospel in general. Each time we teach him I
am amazed at his understanding of God's plan. Right now we
are working on convincing him to be baptized sooner rather
than later. The problem is he believes that he should read the
entire Book of Mormon before being baptized. We have tried
explaining the blessing of the Holy Ghost and how it will help
him learn those things quicker but its still been tough.
We called him on the 31st of Decemeber to be baptized that
day and although he said no because of the short notice he
said he wants to be baptized the next date we have!haha It
was kinda a cop out because he had just woken up(siest) but
he commited so this week he should be baptized. A miracle ey!

Madame Gustav is a lady we met on the road and she accepted
right off the bat our invitation to come to church. The first
lesson we had we challenged her to prepare for baptism in two
weeks. She agreed and has been progressing and just came to
her second week of church. We need to find her more friends
in the branch in order for her to feel more accepted, but she
is awesome. Finally we found the coolest family in St Francois.
The Patmaybe family(no idea how to spell their name) They are
a young married couple of about 30 with a 7 and a 1 year old.
They are one of the nicest families I have ever met and when
we taught them they loved the idea of Book of Mormon and of
Christ's church restored. The problem was that he works
everyday of the week, from really early in the morning til
late selling eggs. We promised him that if he would commit
to come to church the Lord would provide a way(Nephi 3:7).
He miraclously agreed and sure enough the family showed up
at church on Sunday. He took us aside at church and was so
excited to tell us the story of how on Saturday he was able
to sell all his eggs so that he wouldn't have even been able
to work on Sunday He has never done that before! Such a miracle
and blessing for me to have been a part of it. It is my
testimony that when we show our faith and our effort to
follow the commandments, even just the little ones that Satan
might be telling you, " oh its no big deal", if you just put
forth the effort to humbly follow the commandments, you will
see the blessings.

The bad news is Im getting transfered to Gosier hahaha. I
laugh just cuz of the irony..these awesome stories and now
I won't even be able to see these people through. I was so
sad to hear this news and that I'll be leaving the great
members of Moule and our awesome investigators It was
especially hard, but I know they will be in good hands and that
this is God's will. In other notes, I just got a sweet creole
cook book, we will see how that goes. Oh, since it's my last
few days with Elder Garotta I have been trying to learn as much
creole as I can. Right now I can speak a little bit, just like
random sentences but I can understand it alright now. I'm
really gonna work on the creole next transfer. Well, I don't
have much time today but I love you guys and love to hear
how great ya'll are!
PS Aunt Carol is so bomb! I'm getting about a letter a
week full of sports articles!

More on the transfer:

Im going to Gosier to be with Elder Snow. Elder Snow has been
here 5 transfers, so we are gonna do some greeny fire....I'm a
little nervous because I guess Gosier didn't have one member at
church all last transfer...but I'm not gonna let that get me
worried. I'm going in with a good attitude and we are gonna do
some awesome things there, starting of course with a pancake
party! hahaha!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Where the heck is Gosier?

I'm sure Andy's sad to leave Moule, but many people await him in Gosier. Plus, they don't know what a great party planner he's become.

cdiddy said...

Isn't Gosier where Rick Moranis charter in Ghost Busters was from???
Andy sounds great ( would not expect anything less from Andy ).

Julie said...

Does Andy's address remain the same with his transfer?

Brad Neff said...

Yep. Andy's address remains the same with the transfer. His mailing address is that of the senior couple on the island.