Monday, November 10, 2008

"Autour du Rocher"


Hey mother dear
Things went all right with Eva, we have seen her twice since then and both times she really was not doing very well/ Luckily there was a lot of family around for her. It didn't help that he (Adonai) was catholic before he died and was not baptized yet/ So it was a catholic funeral. I'm not going to lie; I was upset when Elder Garotta and I showed up and 20 people kept repeating the same prayer over and over again for an hour. They were all reading off some sheet of paper..how comforting is that to the Her? zilch! Elder Garotta and I sang a couple of cantiques(hymns) for her. and I hope it helped a little bit more I don't know, I shouldn't put down their church, but there just isn't much healing that goes on.
That's cool tuck used the story in sacrament meeting though! Sorry I don't write very well so he could quote me...I'm the worst writer. I don't have time to comment on most of what you write me, but its sounds like you are all doing great and I love hearing and seeing how much the family is growing spiritually.
Oh but i HAVE to make a comment about trav's and dianna's baby "hahahahaha" that is so sweet! I love the name and that he is a big boy! Such perfect for them! He is gonna be a monster football player.
Things are great here in Moule. I appreciate the prayers and I promise they do help the work so much! Especially when they are coming for the best family in the world...Last Tuesday I did splits with Elder Williams, the zone leader! He is so sweet! He is going to be playing for the Utes next year so he and I get along pretty well. I'm calling him right after this to talk about the TCU game (thanks dad you're the best). It's definitely a lot easier to understand conversations when with him; he speaks well but doesn't speak as fast as Elder Garotta. He had to take a breathalyser test that night for driving...he wasn't driving bad but they don't like Americans here.
The big news this week has been the election. It's ridiculous how many people ask us about that, and how amazed they are that we have a black president Everyone we talk to that's the first thing they ask is what we think about the election (they realize by my look and then by my french that I'm American). It's funny though, they do not care at all what he says just that he is black.
So mom will be proud of me, Saturday i made about 75 pancakes for a pancake party after church yesterday. Yup. lets just say I'm a pro pancake maker. haha. It was amazing to see how many people have no idea what a pancake is! They loved them...but we did it as a way to start building better relationships in the branch, as well as pump them up for a game night we are going to start every week, as a way to invite investigators to get to know everyone in the ward. The first game night is in two weeks and the theme is the letter P ( I stole the idea from Paul and Sarah Taylor for theme nights with letters). The missionaries are gonna make pizza; I'm going to be playing the piano; we are going to play spoons or another game cuz that doesn't work haha; and teach about the priesthood....sweet! If you have any ideas for other games for other nights let me know. I love you all and you are in my prayers. This week my scripture has been Alma 34...i love the scriptures....Remember that we must worship god in everything we do, in spirit and in truth, and while we do this we must always be thankful for the endless mercies and blessings we must receive from him... It is a blessing to rejoice in our God and when we have trials be grateful for them and remember verse 41 of Alma 34( I don't remember what that says but I wrote it in my journal) there is never a reason to fear as long as we are worthy for eternal life. The church is sweet! Love you guys and keep it real in Utah for me.

Andy

4 comments:

Mandy said...

For one he writes novels! And I think it's funny that he thinks he writes bad, just read Garr's emails and look at his punctuation and it makes you laugh. It's amazing how quickly they change into missionaries!

Brad Neff said...

Well.... about punctuation, spelling, and capitalization.... Andy asked me to clean up those items for his blog. The shift key apparently doesn't work in the West Indies, punctuation is limited, and, believe me, he does misspell. We are suprised that he does provide as much information as he does.

Julie said...

It's great that you guys get so much info from Andy. (I'm a little jealous, of course) But he really sounds like he's doing well. It's good to read about him. Thanks!

Suz said...

What an awesome missionary!! You can just feel the Spirit working through him.